Versiunea în limba română a acestui articol o găsiți aici.
If you follow me in Instagram (notjustmakeup_), you know that two months ago I received a package from one of my favorite makeup companies – Benefit. They send me travel size products, which are great because, beside getting to try a lot of their products, some I won’t get finish for a long time, even if they are not full size.
After trying some of them I want to tell you my honest opinion. Today I’ll talk about a part of them, but I will make at least a part 2 to this article after I get around to play with the other products.
Hoola ultra plush *
- it’s a lip gloss with shimmer in it and at first I was very scared to try it. I thought the shimmer will be visible, but honestly you can’t really tell when I’m wearing it. Not even in direct sunlight
- it comes in a transparent squizy tube and it’s very easy to get the product out
- has a nice, sweet scent
- the shade is a tan transparent one, which doesn’t interfere with my natural lip color
- after applying this gloss, it makes lips look better because it smooths out the lines and evens your natural lip color
- feels nice on the lips
- it’s not sticky at all
- it’s very shiny just with one swipe
- it doesn’t dry out your lips when you’re wearing it
- it wear off nicely and nobody can tell you have weird lip product left on your lips
- not really a minus for me because I don’t expect great staying power from a lip gloss, but of course it can’t survive a meal and it will rub off on your glass of coffee cup
- if you accidental apply too much you will feel the shimmer particles when you press your lips together
- 6.5 ml/ 0.22 fl. oz
This product wasn’t sent to me by Benefit. I got it in a set (Primping with the Stars) which I bought last year. The set has 6 travel size products.
- swatching it side by side with Mary Lou from theBalm, I saw that these 2 products are very similar, even though at first you wouldn’t think that. When you first squeeze it out, you see a pinky-pearly cream, but when you blend it in, it’s gold with a light pinky-peachy shade
- the travel size version it comes in an opaque squeezey tube and it’s easy to get out the product and to control how much you want to squeeze
- it smells nice, but the scent isn’t powerful and it doesn’t linger on
- it lasts well all day long. At least by the time I get back from my 8 hour job, it’s still there where I placed it but a bit faded
- this is very personal and subjective, but cream highlighters aren’t always my top choice as I think it’s harder to work with them. That’s the reason I don’t tend to reach out a lot for this product. I prefer powder highlighters
- 7.5 ml/ 0.25 fl. oz
- the scent is nice and not powerful
- it has shimmer particles but you can’t really see them on your cheeks. The shimmer makes your blush look shiny but not in a fake way
- as I’m pale, it’s harder for me o pull this off. Also, I don’t plan to get tanned this summer (or ever, for that matter), so I always have to be careful to not apply too much and look unnatural on me
- it’s very pigmented
- has great staying power – it’s still there when I come from work (less visible, but you can still see it)
- it’s harder or very pale people to pull it off. I think it’s best suited for tan-medium skin people
- 3 ml/ 01 oz
I wrote about this product here and I don’t like to repeat myself, so go and check out that article if you’re interested in my opinion. In that article you can also find a comparison between Watt’s up and Mary Lou.
Have you tried any of these products? What do you think about Benefit products?
PPS: The products marked with * were products received as PR samples.
See you guys next week! 🙂