Versiunea în limba română a acestui articol o găsiți aici.
Again, I’m late this week with my blog post, but I really hope that soon this new “habit” of mine will disappear.
Now, let’s get back to the subject of this article: my review on this beautiful palette from theBalm.
If you are following my blog for a while, you might maybe you caught on the fact that I love theBalm products. I think they’re cute, they have clever and funny names and their quality is amazing. Plus they don’t cost that much for what you get.
In theBalm of Your Hand palette is a product that made its appearance last year in November, if I’m not mistaken. Of course I had to check all the reviews I found at the time and then run out and buy it.
- in the first row are face products: Hot Mama blush, Instain blush in the shade Argyle, Cabana Boy blush and Bahama Mama bronzer
- in the second row are (mostly) eyeshadows from various palettes:
- from shady lady vol. 1 – insane jane
- from shady lady special edition – mischevious marissa
- from Nude ‘tude – Sexy
- from Balm Jovi – Lead Zeppelin
- Mary-Lou Manizer highlighter
- from How ’bout them, apples? – Caramel (nude cheek and lip cream)
- from theBalm Girls – Mia Moore (red liptisck)
- packaging: theBalms regular cardboard box, compact and with magnetic closure, which I prefer for travelling
- it has a collage of pictures of theBalms most well-known and loved products
- it has a pretty big mirror which I use a lot
- it has a separate cardboard flap for the lipsticks, so the powders won’t mix with the creams
- theBalm specifically says that their products are multi-use. For example Mary-Lou is a gorgeous highlighter but you can use it successfully an eyeshadow over the mobile lid
- the product quality is consistent in this palette
- I own some of these products in their original packaging and I can honestly say there is no difference between the quality of the products from this palette and the ones in the original packaging
- the face products are smaller than if you buy them separately, but even so, there is a lot of product and because of the great pigmentation you won’t use them up soon. For me the smaller size is a plus because I have lots of blushes and won’t hit pan with these ones too soon
- the palette is a lot cheaper than if you were to go out and buy each of the products separately
- it’s a great opportunity to try theBalm products
- for some people, cardboard boxes looks cheap
- you may have lots of these products and it would be easier to just buy what you are interested in
- I’m not the biggest fan of lipsticks in a pan, just because I can’t easily reapply thought the day when I need it. Especially with Mia Moore, being a bright red, you will need to touch up if you have a long day. But you can load a lip brush with lipstick and put it in your purse
I love this product and I don’t regret for a second buying it. Under the name, it says “greatest hits vol. 1“. Maybe theBalm will make a vol. 2 soon? If they do, I’m buying that one for sure!
If you want to see a makeup look using this palette click here.
What products from theBalm did you try so far? Do you like them?
See you guys next week!