Versiunea în limba română a acestui articol o găsiți aici.
Thank you Mara for this tag! Let’s get started with my photo and the questions.
First of all, I’m sorry but I don’t have a recent photo of me without makeup. Actually I don’t really have pictures of myself – period. Most of the pictures you find on my blog were made specially for those articles. Unfortunately, where I live, the sun doesn’t really want to show up so I can take a proper picture for this article. Anyway, here’s a picture of me from about 4 years ago. Now I look more or less the same. I’ll explain in a bit.
1. What’s your name?
Oana. Nice to meet you 🙂
2. How old are you?
3. Did you ever have skin problems?
Yes. I still do. Also I don’t think there is a person that can say their skin is perfect all the time.
Now, my skin is dry-dehydrated with oily T-zone. I also have melasma under my eyes. It’s really hard to get rid of but I won’t bore you with the details.
I’m working full time, learning a new language and in the mean time furnishing a new (rental) apartment, so dark circles are mandatory 🙂
4. Why did you start to wear makeup?
For fun. I saw some YouTube videos from Estee Lalonde and I realised makeup doesn’t have to be a thick mask of product. It can mean whatever you want. And if you get tired of it, you just remove it.
5. Have you met people who have offended you in connection to your beauty when wearing makeup or not, on the internet or in real life?
Not really. At least I don’t remember anyone saying it to my face. Maybe my brother when we were little and he wasn’t getting his way :))
6. If so, how did you react? Were you affected by these things?
7. Do you wear makeup often in public? Is it because you’re insecure or are there other reasons?
Usually I wear makeup when I go to work or I go for a night out. I don’t wear makeup when I go grocery shopping, or even clothes/makeup shopping lately.
8. Have you ever felt inferior for not wearing makeup?
Yes, I have. When I was younger I was at some partys where (in my opinion) every girl looked awesome, except for me. That wasn’t necessarily true – by the end of the night, every girl was feeling insecure about pimples showing through and so on. You know, just young girl stuff. But I will try to not let it happen ever again.
9. What advice would you give people who follow you may feel inferior and not wearing makeup?
Just don’t! Makeup should be fun and it should also give you more confidence in yourself, but don’t take this to literally. There are 2 things to always keep in mind when you’re talking about beauty:
- take care of yourself – physic (skincare), mind and soul
- beauty fades in time
10. Who else should do this tag?
Everyone! I think, even if you respond in your mind or in the comments below (wink, wink) to these questions it will give you a good perspective of how you see yourself.
Thank you for taking time to read this article and have a great week!