Versiunea în limba română a acestui articol o găsiți aici.
In about a week I’m going skiing (snowboarding, actually) and I started thinking about packing. If you are interested in this subject keep reading.
The first thing I do is start thinking where I’ll be, for how long and what kind of activities I’ll do. Second, I will look at the weather to make sure I’m prepared for any situation. Third, I’ll think if I’m travelling buy car or airplane and how big my suitcase can be. After all this is settled, I can start my list.
Normally, I’m not stressed about packing because I usually have a list ready-to-go for when I have to travel. I keep it safe on my One Drive, so I can have it whereever I have an internet connection, along with other versions of the list (going back to Romania, going to a music festival, going in a business trip etc). Most of the time, I spend about 15 minutes to adjust the “original” list to my new needs and I’ll save this one too, with an appropriate name, just in case I’ll need it again at some point. Here’s how my list would look like:
Ski related stuff:
- ski/ snowboard gear – if you have. I will rent home when I get there, because I don’t have a snowboard or snowboard boots, so this will not be included on my list
- warm and waterproof jacket
- waterproof pants for ski
- ski gloves
- ski socks – lots and lots of them. Take 1 or 2 more pairs than you actually need.
- thermal layer
PS: An avalanche kit of me if not needed because I go to a touristic site and I don’t go snowboarding off the normal routes. But if you do, make sure you pack this also.
(for any other activities that don’t include skiing necessarily)
- neck warmers/ warm scarves
- warm pullovers
- underwear, bra
- regular (thick) socks
- winter, waterproof boots
- flip flops/slippers – for wearing them after shower and in the hotel room
Toiletries and First Aid:
- showergel – if you like to have your own and not the one from the hotel
- body lotion/ body butter
- hand moisturizer
- toothpaste and toothbrush
- nail file – you never know when you might need it
- any medication you might currently take
- paracetamol, ibuprofen
- contact lenses and/or glasses – if you need them
- band aids – for small cuts
- shampoo and conditioner
- dry shampoo – after keeping your helmet on the whole day, you might need a bit of refreshment before dinner
- hair brush
- hair elastics
- bobby pins
- thermal spray/ oil
- hairdryer – check if you’ll have a hairdryer in your room, before you pack it
- any additional styling tools you want to and you know you’ll use
- sunscreen (high SPF with UVA and UVB)
- lip balm with SPF
- moisturizer, toner, oils – basically what ever your skincare routine for day and night are
- makeup, sponges and brushes
- phone + charger
- laptop/tablet + charger – it’s always good for when you want to check the weather, watch Netflix before going to bed, browse social media, read news etc
- GoPro/ camera + charger – I don’t have it, but you might want to put it on your list
- plug adaptors – if needed
- books/ Kindle + charger
- laundry bags – I usually take more than one because I like to separate my clothes
- passport/ ID
- driver’s licence – if it’s the case
- travel insurance
- wallet with credit/ debit card(s) and cash
Did I miss something? What else would you pack?
Have a great day!