Versiunea în limba română a acestui articol o găsiți aici.
- both come in a plastic bottle so they’re good for travelling – they’re light and won’t break
- each bottle is pretty secure. Neither of them leaked for me
- full size is 100 ml of product
- it’s a transparent product
- they take off the powderiness if you happen to overapply powder
- both leave a dewy finish, not oily
- both need application from about 30 cm away from the face
- they make foundation last a bit longer than usual. For me it’s usually around 1-2 hours more
- they have a fine mist and the pump does a good job not to squirt product into my face. I never finished a bottle of any of them before so I don’t know how it would perform when you get too close to the bottom
- great for transforming eyeshadows into eyeliners
- great for making the eyeshadows more pigmented and more long lasting
M.A.C Prep + Prime Fix+:
- comes in two sizes: full size (100 ml) and travel size (30 ml)
- price: €22.00 (100 ml); € 10.50 (30 ml)
- it comes in different scented versions. This can be as much as a plus for some people as it could be a huge minus for others. Personally, I like the original scent and I don’t mind the perfume. It doesn’t linger on after applying it
- available is a lot of countries
- the packaging is a bit more elegant with the false effect of frosted glass
- expiration date: 24 months since opening
Melkior Make-Up Setting Mist:
- doesn’t have a travel size version
- price about 11 Euro (100 ml)
- the spray is a bit hard to press. I always think I’m going to press to hard and it will be too much product on my face. But this never happens. It would be nice if they would change a bit the packaging and make the spray to oppose less resistance when you’re trying to use it
- the brand is only available in a few countries, so it’s harder to get
- expiration date: 12 months since opening
There’s no winner or loser for me this time. I think both do the same job but it’s just a matter of availability for me. The Melkior spray is much cheaper than the one from M.A.C, but for me it would be a problem to get my hands on it as the brand doesn’t exist in Germany. Luckly I will still visit Romania as my family lives there, so if I happen to run out of setting spray I will get Melkior’s. If I’m in Germany, I’ll get M.A.C’s.
Did you try any of these products? Which one do you like best?
Have a great day!