Versiunea în limba română a acestui articol o găsiți aici.
This article was inspired by the youtuber Anna. Last week she made a video with exactly the same title, which I found just perfect and so I decided to “adopt” it. She’s one of my favorite vloggers and I thought this is a good way to tell you about my all time favorite makeup products. Also, this way, you can see my mindset when it comes to buying makeup.
- foundation – I don’t really feel like buying anymore drgustore foundations. I’m way too pale for what they offer and usually the palest shade is too pink for my skintone. My two favorites at the moment are benefit hello flawless oxygen wow! liquid foundation (37,50 €) and Missha M Perfect Cover B.B Cream (around 17 €). No, I’m not considering Missha as being a drugstore brand because of the price, even though I totally think it’s worth it. Also you can’t find the brand in DM, Müller or supermarket
- corrector – I can easily get bad undereye circles, either from too little or too much sleep, (yes, I’m wierd that way) and I also have hyperpigmentation problems from the sun. I never found a better formulation, both creamy and long lasting, until I tried benefit erase paste (27,00 €)
- eyshadows – by far my favorite eyeshadow palette is LORAC Pro Palette ($44), as you can probably see from the major pans I hit in 4 shades. I also like a lot Urban Decay Naked Basics (30 €) for when I want a simple, clean look.
- trendy products and shades – it’s a lot of fun to try some crazy colors for eyeshadows, eyeliners and lipsticks, but for me it’s not something I would use everyday. That’s why I tend to not invest too much money in such products
- same goes if I want to experiment with some types of formula or shades of lipsticks. I find it better to spend a few euro on a couple of lipsticks and check if the color suits me. I’m not saying I don’t like or apreciate higher end lipsticks, it’s just that I prefer to invest my money when I’m sure I’m really gonna like the product
- blush – as much as I love my blushes from theBalm, I think you can find very good blushes from essence (around 2,5 €) and NYX. Same goes for contour products. I love NYX HD blush in Taupe (6,85 €) for conturing pale skin
- mascara – even though I love benefit They’re Real and benefit Roller Lash, I do think you can save your money and, at least, try something from the lower price spectrum. Right now I’m using catrice Rock Couture Extreme Volume Mascara 24h (3,95 €) and it’s pretty good, especially for the price. I also used to get along very well with Maybelline The Rocket and Maybelline The Falsies, but this was when I was still living in Romania. There you can find Maybelline mascaras so often at 50% off, that I can’t justify paying 11 € for them now
- eyeshadows from Melkior – I love them! I think they are such great quality and they always come up with new shades. It’s a lovely brand and I highly recommend you to try their products. But I have 2 reasons why I didn’t include them in either of the categories above:
- they aren’t very cheap if you buy 12 of them, but, on the other hand, you get a huge amount of product. So the price/ quantity/ quality is still pretty amazing. And maybe you don’t even need so many shades. You just need to be careful which shades you’d really want to use
- they can’t be found easily in most of the countries. I definetly need to stock up when I go back to Romania
- Physicians Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum – again, not cheap at being 13 € and it can be a bit difficult to find in Europe. But I do think it’s worth the price. In the past I tried eyeliners from Rimmel, Maybelline, essence and none of them even came close to this one. It’s very black, has a shiny finish and it’s easy to create any type of line (even a fine one). I have watery eyes and I didn’t really have problems with it smudging on me, but because it’s not waterproof, you can get trasnfer, let’s say, if you get caught in the rain. So don’t go swiming with this one on.
Have a great day!